When you look around your older home in Okotoks, does the list of improvements you want to make seem endless? Renovating your whole home can be overwhelming for good reasons, but you may not have to go to such extremes. A kitchen renovation can be enough to transform your entire home.
7 Ways a Kitchen Renovation Can Transform Your Okotoks Home
There are significant advantages of kitchen renovation. Here, we’ll look at seven.
1. Improve Functionality and Efficiency
Does your kitchen cause frustration due to interrupted workflow, inefficient layout, or a lack of functionality? A kitchen renovation can make cooking easier and more enjoyable in many ways, including:
- More storage and countertop space
- Upgraded (and possibly relocated) appliances
- A more efficient layout to improve workflow (by accommodating an island or a U- or L-shaped kitchen, for example)
- More durable countertops to withstand hot pots and sharp knives
- Better lighting for a brighter space (by replacing fixtures or adding windows)
- Improved ventilation to keep the space cool during cooking and reduce cooking smells
Improved functionality and efficiency in the kitchen also simplify entertaining and make your kitchen more comfortable for everyone.
2. Create More Space
No one likes to work in a cramped kitchen. Even a spacious kitchen can feel too small if the layout is inefficient or the storage is insufficient. A kitchen renovation can create more space in various ways, including:
- A new layout to maximize wall space, work surfaces, and storage
- Remove a wall to make the space feel bigger and allow for an island or eating bar
- Add a pantry
- Install extra shelving
- Increase countertop space
- Increase cupboard space and make cupboards more accessible
- Take advantage of “empty” space by techniques such as extending cabinets to the ceiling
A spacious kitchen allows room to breathe, work, and store all the essentials and more. See also Make Your Small Kitchen Look & Feel Bigger.
3. Boost the Property Value of Your Okotoks Home
The real estate market in Okotoks is booming. As home prices in Calgary continue to rise, more buyers are looking for a home in Okotoks to enjoy great proximity to the city in a more affordable location. Okotoks homes are selling for higher prices than a year ago. Yet despite increased sale prices, Okotoks home sales are 30% higher than this time last year.
Especially if you’re planning to sell your house within the next several years, a kitchen renovation could be a worthwhile investment. Newly renovated kitchens attract homebuyers: 58% of homebuyers say their preferred style of kitchen was extremely or very important to their home-buying decision.
A kitchen renovation increases the value of your home. In many cases, a kitchen renovation produces the highest return on investment over any other part of your house. The average return on a kitchen renovation is 75-90%.
4. Upgrade to Eco-Friendly and Energy-Efficient Options
Okotoks residents care about the environment, but homes built more than a few years ago typically were not designed with sustainability in mind. With a kitchen renovation, you can do your part for the planet and enjoy lower utility bills by incorporating energy-efficient Energy Star appliances, low-flow water faucets, and sustainable materials.
5. Increase Safety in Your Kitchen
We all cherish safety, especially when it comes to our homes and loved ones. If your kitchen is outdated, you might be facing some safety concerns, such as faulty wiring, leaky plumbing, mold and mildew, and more. A kitchen renovation can address those issues head-on. Add modern safety features like soft-close cabinet doors, child-proof locks, and slip-resistant flooring. A safe kitchen is a happy kitchen!
6. Embrace Modern Styles & Enjoy Greater Comfort
Gone are the days of cookie-cutter kitchens. Okotoks homeowners are embracing modern trends and styles. A kitchen renovation is your golden ticket to an Instagram-worthy kitchen of contemporary elegance and charm. Even if a complete kitchen renovation isn’t necessary, a visual update can transform your home. For example:
- Repaint the walls
- Install new cabinet doors (but keep the cabinet boxes the same)
- Upgrade cabinet hardware (door handles and drawer pulls)
- Install new countertops
- Update the backsplash
- Lay new flooring
A design refresh can revitalize your kitchen and bring your Okotoks home up to date. Check out How to Choose the Perfect Kitchen Design Style for You.
7. Nurture Family & Social Connections
Picture this: a beautiful, inviting kitchen where your family gathers for meals and friends come together for good times. A kitchen renovation can create the perfect hub for family bonding and social connection—the go-to spot for get-togethers. Add a cozy breakfast nook or a kitchen island with barstools. The possibilities are endless.
Choose the Right Kitchen Renovation Pro in Okotoks
A kitchen renovation is a surefire way to breathe new life into your Okotoks home and enhance your daily living experience. Not only will you enjoy increased functionality, property value, and modern aesthetics, but you’ll also contribute to a more sustainable and safer environment for your family.
The experts at Riverstone Kitchens & Renovations can help you create a kitchen renovation that fits your lifestyle, needs, budget, and vision. From designing to managing every stage of the project, we’ll turn your dream into a reality.
Transform your kitchen and create memories that will last a lifetime. Contact us today for a free consultation about a kitchen renovation in your Okotoks home.